If you haven't gotten on the Silk Pillowcase train, it is time my friend. These Silk Pillowcases are made with luxurious 19 momme mulberry silk and hand dyed in my small kitchen in the San Francisco Bay Area. Plant dyes create a gorgeous multi dimensional living color that sparkles in the sunlight and elevates this everyday item to something magical and luxurious.
Dyed with Onion Skins, Madder Root, Annatto Seeds and Osage Bark
Measures 20" x 30" with a hidden zipper closure
Sleeping on silk has many benefits including:
- Silk’s smooth surface helps prevent face wrinkles and skin creases!
- Your hair will glide over its silky texture without friction, meaning you’re less likely to wake up with frizzy hair, bedhead or tangles (especially great for curls!)
- Unlike porous cotton and linen, silk doesn’t absorb oils, keeping the moisture right where it belongs: on your skin and in your hair!
- Silk helps regulate temperature, keeping you cool in summer and cozy in winter, making it a great year round bedding option.
- Plant dyes mean no harsh chemicals close to your beautiful face ❤️
... and that’s just a few!
Natural bundle dying is a slow but wonderful process. Each pillowcase is dyed with plants, bugs and minerals which are carefully placed on each individual case, tightly wrapped, steamed and left to rest for over 24 hours: a slow, beautiful process to produce the natural color you see here. This means that every piece is unique and no two are alike!
Please CLICK HERE to learn how to care for plant dyed silk!
* Note that since plant dyes are a living color, they can be hard to photograph and different screens represent colors differently.